SHS Week Nov 6 - 10
Hi Parents: Halloween festivities were quite exciting – lots of great costumes and events took place. Thanks to all the parents who volunteered and helped to make this a special day for everyone. Elementary swimming was cancelled due to extremely poor road conditions. Fountain Park Pool was able to adjust scheduling and there will be another lesson on December 6th to make up for this week’s classes. Grade 9 students participated in “Take Your Kids to Work Day” on Wednesday. Great to have so many bottles come in for the bottle drive this week – thanks! Volleyball finals are coming up at Sturgeon Composite High School on Saturday, November 4th. Come on out and cheer on our teams! GO EAGLES GO!
Here’s what is happening this coming week at Sturgeon Heights:
- The Scholastic Book Fair is being held this week.
- 9:00 – 3:30 Monday to Thursday, plus Parent Teacher interview evenings
- Come on in to the library and check out the great books!
Monday, November 6
- -We will have a wonderful day at Sturgeon Heights!
- -Last day for Remembrance Day pictures to come in!
Tuesday, November 7
- -9:45 a.m. – DARE for Grade 6 students
- -10 a.m. – Grade 2 students to St. Albert Public Library
- -3 – 5 p.m. – Girls Basketball Tryouts
Wednesday, November 8
- -9 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. - Grades 4, 5, and 6 swim lessons – please remember swimsuits and towels.
- -9 – 10 a.m. – Coffee with the Principal. Everyone is welcome to gather in the staffroom for coffee and conversation with Mr. Konrad and other parents.
- -5 – 8 p.m. – Parent Teacher Interviews - Please book online if you haven’t already done so.
- www.schoolinterviews.ca School access code zmn5s
Thursday, November 9
- -10:30 a.m. – Remembrance Day Ceremony – All are welcome to attend!
- -4:30 – 7:30 p.m. – Parent Teacher Interviews – Please book online if you haven’t already done so See information above.
Friday, November 10
- -Professional Development Day for Sturgeon Heights’ staff. No classes for students.
- *Poppies will be available in the school from Monday, November 6th to Thursday morning, November 9th. If you would like your children to have a poppy, please send along some change. Our Leadership students will be collecting and distributing daily.
- **Last day for Remembrance Day pictures to come in to be included in the slideshow is Monday, November 6th
- ***Lost and Found items are on display now. Please check out the tables in the front hallway for larger items that your children may have lost, or the small tray in the office for smaller items.
- ****As you saw from an earlier message – we still have WEM Waterpark tickets available if you would like to order. They will also be on sale in the office during Parent Teacher interviews.
- ***** Marketplace information will be coming home soon – maybe even today.
- ******We are definitely in to winter temperatures! Please ensure your children are dressed appropriately with toques, gloves/mitts and winter coats. They are all outside at some point each day.
- *******Before you head to bed on Saturday night, remember to turn your clocks BACK one hour – daylight savings!
- ********PLEASE, as you come in to the school through the front doors, remove your wet shoes before you head down hallways. If not, boys and girls walk through wetness in their socks as they are on their way to classes to get their indoor shoes. Thanks for helping us keep our boys and girls dry!
Have a great weekend!