SHS Week May 1-5
Burgers today in Snack Shop for the first time this season – what a hit they were! Makes us all think that Spring is really here. Thanks to PFA for coordinating our Snack Shop and hot lunches. As a Division directive, our flag has been lowered to half-mast today to recognize and support a Day in Mourning for Persons Killed or Injured in the Workplace.
Here’s what is happening next week at Sturgeon Heights:
Monday, May 1
- Ms. Bilodeau’s morning PEP class will be visiting seniors at North Ridge Lodge
- 7 pm – Grade 9 Farewell Parent Meeting in the library
Tuesday, May 2
- 9 – 10 a.m. – Coffee with the Principal. Everyone is welcome to join Mr. Konrad and other parents in the staff room for coffee.
Wednesday, May 3
- Hats On for Mental Health Day – Everyone is encouraged to wear a hat to school today. Being as our usual rules state no hats during the school day, this is a treat for those that enjoy wearing them!
- Creative Movement for Ms. Bilodeau’s PEP classes
- Kindergarten is heading to the Telus World of Science
- 1:30 p.m. – Golf Option to Lone Spruce
- 3:15 – 4:30 – Robotics Team meeting after school with Ms. Dafoe
Thursday, May 4
- 8:45 a.m. – Choir rehearsal in Morinville for students attending Sturgeon Night of Music
- 11 a.m. – Fit for Life to Jump 360
Friday, May 5
- Jump Day for students –please return any pledge packages you might have
- Hot Dogs in Snack Shop
*Badminton team members will participate in Badminton Finals this weekend. Good Luck, Eagles!
** Further reminder about the mud and wet conditions outside – please send extra pants and socks with your children! Younger to older students seem to be finding ways to fall in various puddles!
***The newsletter has gone out electronically today. It was large so had to compress a couple of times – sorry if you did manage to receive it more than once. Calendars went out in their own announcement.
****Please see item in the newsletter regarding plastic cutlery. There will be none handed out from the office in future. If your child requires cutlery to eat their lunch, please provide it for them.
*****Everyone is anxiously awaiting the talent show which is about to begin! It will be fun to see what talent students are sharing with us – along with our choir and musical theatre groups.
Have a great weekend. It sounds like the sun might even shine and we can get out in our yards!