SHS Week Apr 24 - 28
Hi Parents: Thanks to all the parents who were able to come out to our Open House last night. The Drama production – “Spy TV” – was a big hit ! Congratulations to our Drama students who worked so hard to put this piece together. As they all are – this was another busy week. The week began with Coffee with the Principal, Fit for Life went to Rock Jungle, SAMFA football was in to present to Grade 5 to 8 students (see info attached – FYI), badminton at Lilian Schick, hot lunch – WoW! Students in grades 6 to 9 will have a “Live Differently” presentation this afternoon – and the grades 1 and 2 classes enjoyed gymnastics this morning!
Here’s what is happening next week at Sturgeon Heights:
Sunday, April 23
- St. Albert Fun Run for those participating – Meet at the St. Albert Curling Club Sturgeon Heights
Monday, April 24
- No PEP or Headstart classes
- 6:30 p.m. – PFA Meeting to be following by School Council meeting at 7:30 p.m. – All are welcome to attend
Tuesday, April 25
- 11:00 a.m. - Fit for Life to Laserquest
- Popcorn in Snack Shop today - $1 per bag / optional purchase
- 3:30 – 5 p.m. - Badminton practice
Wednesday, April 26
- Danceply in PEP
- Yoga in Headstart
Thursday, April 27
- 3:30 – 5 p.m. – Badminton practice
- Running Club - Spring Running Club for students in grade 4 - 9 will be starting on
Thursday April 27 afterschool from 3:15 - 4:15pm. This first practice is an introductory practice open to everyone who may be interested in the club. At the end of this practice a full registration package with practice dates and race registration forms will be sent home. Students interested in participating in running club should be able to run at a steady pace for a minimum of 30min. Spring Running club will be training for 5km and 10km distances. All practices will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays and take place outside and are subject to change based on weather. Students must have appropriate running attire and a water bottle. Please ensure students have arranged a ride home from practice. Please direct any questions to email@example.com
Friday, April 28
- Newsletter out electronically
- No Kindergarten classes today
- Grades 1 and 2 classes to Dynamyx for gymnastics
- Burgers in Snack Shop - $3 each (cheeseburgers $3.50) / optional purchase
- 1 p.m. – Talent Show
- 3:10 – 5 pm – Grade 6 Girls’ Circle
- Wake-A-Thon for Leadership students – 3:15 pm until 7 a.m. on Saturday
Saturday, April 29
- Badminton Finals at Sturgeon Comp and Namao Go Eagles Go!
*The weather is still very unpredictable and our school yard is not drying up very quickly. PLEASE send an extra pair of pants in your child’s backpack, if at all possible. Our school supply is pretty much exhausted!
**See information attached regarding a Youth Connect Conference coming up for age 13 and older – registration deadline is April 28
***Information for Grade 9 Farewell tickets is going home today with Grade 9 students. Tickets need to be pre-ordered by May 1st, please.
****Lost and found items are on tables in the front hallway for this coming week. Please check through them when you are in the school and see if you recognize anything!
****Babysitters Training for students age 11+. This course is taking place on Friday May 19th (PD day) from 8:30 - 3:30 pm at Sturgeon Heights School. We still have a few spots available. Registration forms and payment are due May 1.
Enjoy your weekend! Spring will come “soon”!