SHS Week Mar 13 - 17
Hi Parents: The Book Fair in the library has been a busy place this week! Thanks for your support. The Musical Theatre group enjoyed the play “Grease” in Camrose. It was a fun experience for them. Students had lots of excitement taking part in the PEP Rally on Wednesday afternoon. Our basketball teams head off to the Finals this weekend! Go Eagles Go! Interviews went well on Wednesday and Thursday evenings. Early Education staff are participating in a “Purposeful Play” seminar in Morinville this morning, while other staff members participate in a “Blanket Exercise” at the school. All will join together for staff meeting this afternoon.
Here’s what is happening this coming week at Sturgeon Heights!
Monday, March 13
- Final day to submit registration forms for the St. Albert Road Race 5km event or 1km Fun Run. Late entries cannot be accepted.
- 3:30 – 5 pm – Badminton tryouts – Boys and Girls
- 3:30 – 6:30 pm – Grade 9 registration in our Library!
- 7 – 8 pm – Grade 9 Farewell meeting for parents in the library
Tuesday, March 14
- Hands-on Science for Grade One students – Sailboats and Sailors
- Headstart /PEP (Mrs. Gauthier and Mrs. Kuntz) students have swimming today – last one Please remember swimsuits and towels
- Popcorn in Snack Shop today - $1 per bag – optional
- 3:30 – 5 pm – Badminton tryouts – Girls and Boys
Wednesday, March 15
- Basketball All Star game at Sturgeon Composite High School
- Swimming for Miss Bilodeau’s PEP students – last one! Please remember swimsuits and\ towels
- Last day for WIN House collection of pajamas and toiletries in the office
- Hands-On Science – Grade 2 – Boats and Buoyancy
Thursday, March 16
- Grade 5-D – Claymation In School Field Trip
- Hands-on Science for Grade 3 – Awesome Bridges
- Shamrock Shakes in Snack Shop for those who ordered
- 3:15 – 5 pm – Girls’ Circle Meeting – Grade 6
Friday, March 17
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day
- Kindergarten Prep Day – no classes
- Last day of Trimester 2 for junior high students
- Ski trip day for Grades 4 to 9 students – see info below
Ski Information for Grades 4 to 9 - March 17th
Ski Trip to Lake Louise – March 17th
- Where: Lake Louise
- When: March 17th
- Departure time: Bus rolls at 4am!!!
- Arrival back at SHS: approx. 9:30pm
- Reminder to all students and parents that high risk consent forms MUST be returned ASAP. About a dozen are still missing!
Ski Trip to Rabbit Hill - March 17
- Buses leaving from school at: 8:45 am. There is room for all parents on the bus.
- Buses returning to school at: 5:45 pm.
- Pink consent forms went home Thursday, March 9. Due back Monday morning, March 13 please.
- There will be three buses: one for grade 4 and parents, one for grade 5 and 5/6 and parents, one for grade 6 and junior high and parents. They will be lined up so that grade 4 is the head of the line of busses; if you have your own equipment, you can load it on to the appropriate bus for your child's grade. Parents coming with more than one student should accompany the youngest child on the bus and older children should stay
- In addition to the parents joining us for the day, there will be four staff members going on the bus and one administrator attending for part of the day.
- If you have any questions, you can contact Jaime Johansson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will be working with students that are not planning on going skiing. Students can come and work through a variety of subjects with practice in math, reading and writing and catching up on any missed assignments.
➢ Sunday, March 12th is Daylight Savings change time. Please remember to set your clocks ahead one hour.
*Badminton tryouts start on Monday and Tuesday for junior high students! Have your children try out and enjoy the fun.
** PLEASE remember not to park in front of the garbage bins. The garbage truck drivers have schedules to keep to and we can’t hold them up. Thank you for your attention to this.
***Sturgeon Heights School Support Staff is collecting pajamas and personal hygiene products for WIN House as part of the Division Support Staff charity for this year. Please bring items in to the office until March 15th. Thanks to those who have already brought things in!
Hope you have an enjoyable weekend!