SHS Week Feb 27 - March 3
Hi Parents: Lots of work and fun going on at school this week. Basketball, discussion about Farewell for Grade 9’s, Pink Day, Robotics, and of course, our Wheelchair Basketball taking place now and again this evening. All so much fun and productive!
Here’s what is happening next week at Sturgeon Heights:
Monday, February 27
- Iroquois Midwinter Celebration – Grade 6
- Yoga for Mrs. Cornet’s kindergarten class
- 3:15 – 5 pm – Musical Theatre Competitive Group – Rehearsal
- 3:30 – 5 pm – Boys’ Basketball practice
Tuesday, February 28
- Yoga for Mrs. Hoffman’s and Mrs. Cornet’s kindergarten classes
- 11:30 a.m. – Pancake Lunch for students in the gym Lunch will consist of pancakes, pork sausages and a juice box for each student in every classroom. We will also have some gluten free pancakes available. If you feel this is not sufficient lunch for your child, please send additional items with them. Children will still need their snacks and water bottles.
- 3:30 – 5 pm – Girls’ Basketball practice
Wednesday, March 1
- Miss Bilodeau’s PEP students swimming
- 3:30 – 5 pm – Goys’ Basketball Practice
Thursday, March 2
- Band students off to Camp
- World Book Day – Bring a Book / Dress up like your favorite character. Lots of buddy reading going on. Have fun!
- 2 p.m. - Basketball – Guthrie plays at Sturgeon Heights
Friday, March 3
- Kindergarten students have Clay 4 Kids in-school presentation
- Mrs. Cornet’s M/W and T/T kindergarten students attend. As well as Mrs. Hoffman’s morning class.
- Hot dogs in Snack Shop
- 5:40 p.m. Junior Basketball Tournament
* In order to try and curb the spread of germs at this time of year, we are encouraging students to use proper hand hygiene at all times. Could you talk to your children, please, about the importance of keeping their hands clean all the time.
**It is chilly out still; however, wet also. Please ensure your children have appropriate outside, whether it is snow or rain pants, and, of course, some type of boots. An extra pair of pants and socks in backpacks is always a great idea also.
Enjoy your weekend! It’s a full week – five days!