Week Nov 21-25
Hi Parents: Regular volleyball games and practices ended this week, and the senior teams are gearing up for the finals tomorrow. Sturgeon Heights’ students will send our teams off with an exciting Pep Rally this afternoon. Volleyball Finals take place on Saturday, November 19th – Boys at Gibbons / Girls at Camilla
Good luck to all teams and players!
Here’s what is happening next week at Sturgeon Heights:
Monday, November 21
- 9:30 – 11:00 a.m. - Junior Headstart - FOP on Potty Training with N. Kluthe at Sturgeonheights
- 3:30 – 5 pm – Basketball tryouts – Boys
- 6:30 – 7:30 pm – PFA meeting in the library to be followed at 7:30 – 8:30 pm by School Council meeting in the library. All are welcome to attend
Tuesday, November 22
- Popcorn in Snack Shop - $1 per bag – optional purchase
Wednesday, November 23
- NO Snack Shop today
- Marketplace Day will run in the gym during lunchtime. Students will all eat their lunches together in the gym, and be able to make purchases if you wish. “Marketplace Day” is the culmination of the Entrepreneurship option that junior high students have been participating in since school began. There will be a wide range of items available – cookies, other baked goods, pizza, soft drinks, samosas, tacos, hot chocolate and fancy drinking cups. Some items did need to be pre-ordered.
- Elementary swimming – Grades 4, 5 and 6 will head to Fountain Park Pool this morning. Please ensure your children have swimsuits and towels with them
- 3:30 – 5:00 pm – Basketball tryouts – Boys
Thursday, November 24
- Volleyball Allstar Game at Guthrie School
- Pizza in Snack Shop - $3 per slice
Friday, November 25
- No classes for staff or students – Division day in lieu of evening interview times
*Please ensure your children are bringing enough snacks, lunch, and beverages to school each day. We have recently had a big influx of students requesting lunches and/or snacks as they have not brought any or enough to school. Thanks for your attention to this.
**Purdy’s Chocolate fundraiser reminder We have only hit 10% of our target as of Wednesday Nov 16, 2016. Final orders must be in by Nov 25, 2016. Unfortunately no late orders will be accepted. Pick up will be on December 8th. See attachment for ordering instructions.
***We are bringing back the Lunch Lady to Sturgeon Heights on Monday’s starting December 5th. This group is under new management and has worked hard to create simple, nutritious meals that can be ordered and delivered to students in their homerooms. A menu or ordering guide will be coming home today in a Friday Envelope. Feel free to consider it and order something for your child. The school would strongly ask you consider ordering ONLINE as this reduces the risk of lost forms, money or other mix-ups. This is not a school group so we will be passing along anything collected at the school directly to the Lunch Lady and if problems happen they would be most able to help directly. If you are sending in paper orders, they are due back on November 28th and all cheques should be payable to “The Lunch Lady”.
****Primary (Grades 1, 2 and 3) swimming lessons begin right after we get back to school in January. Watch for information coming home. Please send back levels as soon as possible as all information must be submitted to the pool by December 12th.
Have a wonderful weekend!