Week Oct 24-28
Hi Parents: We had a great week! The Country Fair was a big success – thanks to all who were able to come out and enjoy the event.
Students were happy to have their Mr. Sub hot lunch yesterday. Thanks to the volunteer parents who organize the various hot lunches and run our Snack Shop.
Here’s what is happening next week at Sturgeon Heights:
Monday, October 24
- Jr. Headstart, Headstart, and PEP PREP Day – No classes for students
- 3:30 – 5 pm – Senior Boys’ and Girls’ Volleyball practice
- 6:30 pm – PFA Meeting in the library
- 7:30 pm – School Council Meeting in the library – All are welcome to attend.
Tuesday, October 25
- Popcorn in Snack Shop - $1 per bag / optional
- Hands-On Science for Grade 1 – Senses – In school
- 3:30 – 5 pm – Boys’ Volleyball practice
Wednesday, October 26
- Hands-On Science for Grade 2 – Magnetism – In school
- 1:10 – DARE for Grade 6 students
Thursday, October 27
- Hands-On Science for Grade 3 - Rocks and Minerals - In school
- 11 am – Junior High Option - Academic Skills Builders – Sylvan Learning Centre will
present Study Skill Strategies
- Mrs. Gauthier’s PEP class to Dynamyx for gymnastics
- 2 pm – Volleyball – Gibbons at Sturgeon Heights
Friday, October 28
- Mrs. Cornet’s Tuesday / Thursday kindergarten class has school today. They will be
celebrating Halloween with a parade to share their costumes with everyone.
- 9:30 a.m. - Junior Headstart to Save-On Foods
- Newsletter out electronically
- Hot dogs in Snack Shop
➢ Reminder to adults as they come and go from the school. If you are heading down a hallway, please remember to remove your outside footwear at the front door. Students all are required to remove their outside footwear and will get wet socks if you keep yours on and moisture is tracked down the halls. Thanks for your attention to this!
➢ With the onset of cooler weather and students wearing snowboots to school – just a reminder to PLEASE put your child’s name inside their boots or mark them in some distinctive way. Many students wear the same boots and it will solve a lot of problems if the boots are easily identifiable to the children.
➢ On that note – if your primary child has come home with a new pair of Artic Tracks high, black boots, could they please be brought back in to the school on Monday. There has been a mix-up of two pair and the other pair is in the office.
*Elementary students will be receiving a letter home today as there has been a change in date for their first swim lesson. Please send back your child’s swim level as soon as possible this week as these levels need to go in to the pool office by the end of this week.
**All picture packages need to be sent back to the school / or order online, if you wish. If you are getting retakes, please keep your package at home with you and send in to school on Retake days – November 16th (full day) and November 17th (morning).
***Halloween plans are being made in some classrooms. Boys and girls are getting costumes organized.
As we approach Halloween, just a couple of reminders:
- Junior high students are welcome to wear costumes, if they wish. They do need to realize that masks impede learning and they will be asked to remove them. Better to just leave the masks at home, please.
- No toy weapons are to be brought to school to go along with costumes. Please keep them at home for boys and girls to carry when they go out trick or treating.
**** As you are in and around the school, please keep your eyes open for the lost baptism medal. We are still searching!
Have a great weekend! Sounds like the weather might be pleasant for outdoor activities.