Week Sept 12 - 16, 2016
Hi Parents: What a great first week back everyone had! Volleyball tryouts got underway,
running club started, and lots of new classes began!
Here’s what is happening this coming week at Sturgeon Heights:
Monday, September 12
- Orange Day in Grade 1
- Safely on Board presentation for Mrs. Kuntz’ Headstart classes
- For students in Grades 1 to 9, this is the first day of our Registration rooms. For those
who have not sent back your choices yet, your children will start the day in a Non-Prayer
room until we hear from you.
Tuesday, September 13
- Purple Day in Grade 1
- Safely on Board presentation for Mrs. Gauthier’s Headstart and PEP classes
- 3:30 – 5 pm – Girls’ Volleyball Practice
Wednesday, September 14
- Brown Day in Grade 1
Thursday, September 15
- It’s Superhero Day at Sturgeon Heights! If your child(ren) has a superhero shirt they
would like to wear to school today – go for it!!
- 3:30 – 5 pm – Boys’ Volleyball practice
Friday, September 16
- This is our Professional Development / Staff Meeting day for staff for the month of
September. Students DO NOT attend school on this date.
*Parents – Please remember if you are sending a lunch for your child(ren) that requires cutlery,
to include it in their lunchboxes. We do have a very limited amount of plastic utensils here;
however, it is better for the children to get in the habit of having their own with them – saves
them time, also. Suggest that maybe they wash the cutlery and leave it in their desk! Thanks
for your attention to this.
**The senior girls’ and boys’ volleyball teams will play in a tournament at the Saville Centre on
Saturday, September 11th. Good luck in your first tournament for this school year! Go Eagles
***Please send back forms that were sent home the first week of school as soon as possible.
There is a lot of paperwork – it’s school start-up! Thanks for your patience.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!