SHS Week Dec 9-15
Hi Parents: The Hour of Code Week was exciting for the students as they buddied up other classes to participate in various computer science projects!
In between regular assignments for classes, anticipation is building as everyone prepares for concerts.
Here’s what is happening next week at Sturgeon Heights:
Monday, December 10
• Grade 6 students to the Telus World of Science
• Headstart and PEP students have Sturgeon Valley Music visiting today
• 1 – 2 pm – PEP Concert – a.m. and p.m. PEP classes and Mrs. Gauthier’s a.m. Headstart – in the gym
Tuesday, December 11
• Popcorn in Snack Shop - $1 per bag – optional purchase
• Mrs. Kuntz’s Headstart students to Glazing Pots
• Grade 5 field trip to Fort Saskatchewan
• 1:10 p.m. – Dress rehearsal for Grades 1, 2, and 3 concert. If you are unable to attend in the evening, please join us for this performance. You are very welcome to attend.
• 6 pm – Christmas Concert for grades 1, 2 and 3. Our Band and Choir will be performing also. All are welcome to attend. Doors to the gym open at 5:30 p.m.
• Ski Club Permission Forms due
Wednesday, December 12
• Mrs. Gauthier’s PEP class to gymnastics
Thursday, December 13
• It’s Green Day in Mrs. Kuntz’s Headstart class. Boys and girls can wear something green if they have it.
• 1:10 p.m. - Dress rehearsal for Grades 4, 5, and 6 concert. If you are unable to attend in the evening, please join us for this performance. You are very welcome to attend.
• 6 pm – Christmas Concert for grades 4, 5 and 6. Our Band and Choir will be performing also. All are welcome to attend. Doors to the gym open at 5:30 p.m.
Friday, December 14
• Hot dogs in Snack Shop today - $1.50 each – optional purchase
• NO morning PEP class
• Mrs. Cornet’s Tuesday/Thursday kindergarten class attends today
• 1:30 p.m. Kindergarten Christmas Concert
• Mrs. Cornet’s Monday/Wednesday kindergarten class should be brought to the classroom at 1 pm in time for the concert. Your child will be dismissed to you at the end of the concert as this is not a regular day for the Monday/Wednesday students to attend.
• NO morning PEP class
*All library books should be returned this week. New books may be taken out in January when we are back in school.
**Grade 1, 2 and 3 students need to have high risk forms and swim levels in to their teachers this week, please – and thanks!
*** As part of their community unit in Social Studies, Mrs. Ohm’s Grade 1 class has organized a Food Bank drive of non-perishable food items. Each class will have a box to add to, if you feel you are able to send in something. The Food Bank also accepts monetary donations to supply items they are short of as well. Toonies are gratefully accepted. The food drive will continue until December 19th. Thank you in advance.
*PARKING FOR CONCERTS*
Please remember, whether it is an evening or afternoon concert, there is NO PARKING AVAILABLE on Hogan Road. The City of St. Albert will ticket cars parked on Hogan Road.
Sturgeon Heights has a parking lot for guests to the North of School. We will also have an area to the back of the school (West) that should be clear enough for extra parking. Driving entrance to the back of the school is through the Fire Lane which is located at the front of the parking area. PLEASE DO NOT block the fire lane.
*BABYSITTING FOR CONCERTS*
Babysitting will be available for our winter concerts held on Tuesday, December 11th and Thursday, December 13th. There will be no babysitting provided for the afternoon Kindergarten concert. Childcare will be held in the two Headstart classrooms and will be available for children 18 months to pre-Kindergarten age. Space is limited to 24 children. We do require sign-up for this service, so please either call the office at 780 459 3990 or drop in and put your name on our list. We need to know numbers by Friday, December 7th, please, so we can arrange adequate supervision. At the time of registration, we need to know the names and ages of the children, please.
Looking forward to seeing you all at some point next week. Have a wonderful weekend!