Inclement Weather Information
It's beginning to look a lot like winter! As we encounter winter weather, it is important that our students come to school dressed appropriately for bus travel and recess.
Some highlights include:
- From November 15 to March 30 of each year, all bussed students must have proper outerwear, headgear, mitts and footwear.
- School bus service shall be suspended at a temperature of minus 40 degrees Celsius before wind-chill (as measured in Morinville at Sturgeon Public School Division Central Office).
- Notification of school bus service suspension is made through the following official communication channels:
- radio stations CFCW, CHED, radio CBC and CISN;
- television stations Global and City TV, and
- Sturgeon Public School Division website
- If the Superintendent or designate suspends school bus transportation services, teachers will not conduct examinations, nor introduce new curriculum.
- Parents bringing their children to school on days the school bus does not operate shall be responsible for picking up their children at the end of the school day or making other arrangements.
- Absences by students for transportation challenges that include bus failure, decision of a contractor not to operate, or suspension of transportation services by the Superintendent or designate, shall be deemed excusable